Thursday, July 22, 2010

Pair a dice


Just another day in paradise.

Finished five days in Krabi, Thailand, possibly one of my favorite places on earth. I had a number of spectacular days, but there was one in particular that might qualify as "the perfect" one.

Rose at a reasonable time, not always easy with early bird Tammy rustling around. Dined on tropical fruit, a fluffy pancake and dark coffee. Hired a rock climbing guide and spent the morning climbing the cliffs of Krabi with spectacular views to be had as reward at the summit. Lunch on some of the best som tom pet gap kao nieow (spicy papaya salad with sticky rice) with a pineapple shake. I had to specify the spicy part with all the tourists around watering down the Thai cuisine with their meek palates. It lived up to its name. I barely survived. The afternoon was spent lounging on white sand beaches with cooling dips in the tropical waters of the Andaman Sea. Back to the room for a cold shower then off for the pulling, pushing and prodding of a full body Thai massage. The girl was so cute, she gave me a hug at the end. Evening was capped off with a dinner of green curry with chicken and rice and an evening walk on the beach. Only monsoon rains could persuade to go inside.

If you're ridiculously jealous (and I would be if I were you), you can have this too. Summer is low season in Thailand and crazy low prices were absurdly low.

Room: $12.50 a night
Massage: $8.50
Meal: $3.50

I don't even want to tell you about the three and a half hour spa treatment at the fancy resort.

1 comment:

  1. Hey there Rosebud, International Spy extraordinaire... the CIA recruited you on the sly pretty good, excellent cover and all that, but I can't figure out where your mission will take you next. How 'bout an update on your online-diary sometime... I thought you were supposed to post every week at the least? ); Andi sez' "Hi". I AM jealous... sounds like everone got a happy ending on the massage... Cousin Sam

    ReplyDelete